lunes, 26 de octubre de 2015

Don Quijote de la Mancha


When I was in high school, specifically in fourth grade my dad always told me: "I wish you have to read the book “Don Quijote de la Mancha” before you finish your school year."

Never happened, I finished high school and to this day I never had the opportunity to read the book.

But one day, me and my family went to a "Persa" in Santiago, and in a antiquities shop of "Persa" found a spectacular figure of "Don Quijote", of course I bought it immediately and gave it to my father´s. That´s how this figure made in metal and plaster, it came to my house.

Personally, I believe that this statue is a work of art. Is one of 
those objects that never stop to admire because they have 
millions of details and when you have them in your hands, you wonder, How he done such small details?

I love how the artisan care of the details of armor, shield and 
spear. Also as does the facial features are identical to the character of the book, worrying about the long face and beard.

The sum of all parts, material and the wonderful artist's work 
results in a work of art.

2 comentarios:

  1. I think you should read Don Quijote de la Mancha, it is a really good book, a little weird, but really good.
    the detail of this work of art is really amazing. I hope you could read it, so the statue will have much more significance :)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. to both mom and dad you say parents and not fathers :) I really liked it, specially because, how you say, it has a lot of details, but what I most like is that it is made of metal, and that is a very difficult and precise work. And how Tamara says, you should read the book, at leat a selection of chapters. It's very funny if you see it in another perspective thinking about the year it was written.

    ResponderBorrar